Use of Website
1. Access to and use of this website via effectivehsm.co.uk and hs-governance.co.uk, is provided by Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd. All use of the website is on these terms. If you don’t agree to abide by these terms, please don’t use our website. We may update these terms at any time. You should visit this page regularly to review the then-current terms because they are binding on you. Continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to all such revised website terms.
2. While the information contained in the website has been compiled from sources believed to be current and reliable, we make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of such information and will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any error or omission which may occur. In no event will Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential, or other damages arising out of or in connection with this website, any content on or accessed through this website or any website service linked to, or any copying, displaying, or use thereof.
3. The contents of the website do not constitute advice, and reliance upon such content is entirely at the user’s own risk. The information contained in the website and any downloadable document or resource is of a generalised nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity.
4. The views expressed in our 60 Second Insight information sheets and News Articles are primarily intended to stimulate thinking and discussion. They are offered in good faith and aren’t intended as a substitute for specific advice. No one should act on such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation. Where legal advice is required, a suitably qualified lawyer should be consulted. Where medical advice is required, a suitably qualified medical practitioner should be consulted.
5. We will not be liable for any damages arising from the use of, or inability to use, the website or any of its contents. Whilst precautions are taken (such as checking documents are virus-free), we do not guarantee that the website is free of infection by viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive. If use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, we are not responsible for those costs.
Intellectual property, branding and use of content
7. Unless stated or implied otherwise, information and content contained on the website is owned or licensed by Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd. The information and content contained on the website, such as text, graphics, images and other such material (“Material”) are protected by (without limitation); copyright, established logos and trademarks, passing-off rights or rights protected under unfair competition laws, all of which may be protected under both English and foreign laws (“Intellectual Property Rights”). Unauthorised use of the Material by you may violate Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd’s Intellectual Property Rights. Any intended use or re-use must have our prior agreement.
8. In connection with your use of the website you will be permitted to view, copy, download, store, retransmit, display, distribute, show or play in public any part or content of the website for the purposes of research, private study or for internal circulation within an organisation, provided that all of the following are adhered to:
8.1 You retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy you make,
8.2 Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd is quoted as the source and,
8.3 The content of the Material is not adapted or modified in any way.
9. You may not use the website nor the Material in any manner which constitutes an infringement of any third party rights (including Intellectual Property Rights).
10. The Effective Health & Safety Management logo and the Good Governance in Health & Safety logo are established trademarks used in the course of our business and cannot be reproduced without our prior written permission. All other trademarks or trade names in this site are the marks of the respective owner(s) and any unauthorised use is prohibited.
11. You may not directly or indirectly charge users specifically for accessing our content or otherwise commercialise such content, nor attempt to re-sell our content in any way.
12. You may not directly or indirectly change, edit, add to or produce summaries of our content or any content on our website nor place any full-story Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd content in an HTML frame-set.
13. This website provides links to other websites that are not under our control. We don’t accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies, content or practices of these websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
14. We can’t accept any responsibility for information on websites that we don’t manage but which may refer to Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd.
DATA PROTECTION & PRIVACY
Information we collect
16. Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd may request or collect personal information from users of our website in a variety of ways, including through online forms and other instances where users are invited to volunteer information. Such information may include:
What are cookies?
17. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For session ID cookies, once you close your browser or log out, the cookie terminates and is erased. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on your computer’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Your browser’s help file contains information and instructions for removing persistent cookies. Session ID cookies may be used by us to track user preferences while the user is visiting the website. They also help to minimise load times and save on server processing. Persistent cookies may be used by us to store, for example, whether or not you want our website to remember a password or other such information. Cookies used on our website do not contain personally identifiable information.
18. Like most standard websites, effectivehsm.co.uk and hs-governance.co.uk uses log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Please note, however, that none of the information stored in the log files, including but not limited to IP addresses, is linked to personally identifiable information.
How Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd uses this information
19. We may use personally identifiable information collected via our website to contact customers regarding products and services offered by Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd. It will not be passed on or used in any way by affiliates, independent contractors or business partners. We may also use this information for research purposes regarding the effectiveness of website services, marketing, advertising and sales efforts. Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd will not in any way share this information with a third party either for free or by selling it, unless you specifically authorise such disclosures.
Maintenance of information
20. Information provided to Effective Health & Safety Management Ltd is saved indefinitely and may be stored on one or more databases directly or indirectly maintained by us. We are committed to doing all we can to protect confidentiality of the information. Although we cannot guarantee that any loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, every effort is made to prevent such occurrences.